AAUW International Fellowship program
The program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the U.S. who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) aims at advancing gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
AAUW’s International Fellowship program has been in existence since 1917. A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates). Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Up to five International Fellowships for master’s/first professional degrees will be renewable for a second year; fellows will receive application information for this competitive program during their fellowship year.
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2019.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Be proficient in English.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2019, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
• Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
• Doctoral: $20,000
• Postdoctoral: $30,000
Notification of decisions will be emailed to all applicants by April 15, 2020.
For questions or technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.