CrossCulture Programme 2020
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) enables professionals and committed volunteers to think outside of the cultural box. Each year around 80 fellowship recipients from host organisations in Germany or in one of the over 35 partner countries gain experience in intercultural networks.
Around 80 professionals and committed volunteers from over 35 countries get a chance to do a Fellowship with the CrossCulture Programme each year. During two to three months of practical training in host organisations in Germany or in CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP fellows. The participants then bring their experiences gained abroad into their everyday working life when they return to their home organisation.
Fields of Fellowships
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
- Civic & citizenship education
- Digital civil society
The funding covers:
- A monthly allowance of 550 euros
- Roundtrip airfare
- A monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
- A refund of applicable visa fees
- Health insurance
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been and is socially engaged for the long-term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in his or her field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses other language skills, particularly, German language skills.
Exclusionary criteria for the application: Students cannot participate in the programme.
Details about how to apply can be found on the website.