Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) in Belarus 2018-2019
The Finnish Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) is a fund managed by the Embassy of Finland in Lithuania. The fund supports initiatives of local non-governmental organizations.
The FLC helps Belarusian civil society actors to carry out well-targeted projects with a clear goal and sustainable outcome in the field of human rights, democracy and good governance. The approach is to establish partnerships with a limited number of organizations instead of supporting one-time activities like workshops or seminars.
The general objectives of the Finnish development policy are: promotion of gender equality, reduction of inequality, promotion of climate sustainability, human rights, openness, coherence and quality with sustainable results. Any project funded from FLC can't be contradictory to these objectives, but should support them in the local context. More information on Finnish development policy can be found behind the following link.
Priority areas for projects in Belarus 2017-20 are 1) Fight against corruption and 2) Gender equality / empowering girls and women.
Criterion for Eligibility:
- The organization(s) in question should have a genuine, credible domestic basis; the proposed programme should not be launched or fully financed by the donor.
- Activities proposed should reach a large audience and have potential for a broad impact.
- Prospective applicants must provide detailed information on their organization.
The incoming applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Past experiences of projects with similar focus.
- Specific, achievable and relevant objectives of the project.
- Clarity on the main beneficiaries.
- Effective and efficient use of the funds the organization needs to demonstrate in the budget proposal that the funds will be used effectively to reach the specified objectives.
- Innovative approaches to solve problems.
- Sustainability of the results. The organization needs to indicate clearly how the impact of the project will be sustainable after the funding from the Embassy of Finland has finished.
- Overall openness is important. The projects have to be registered in Belarus. The Fund does not support activities of political parties, public institutions, activities of unregistered organizations, projects in which the beneficiary is a single person or a single family or purely charity purposes. The Fund is designed to support projects. It is not intended to support operating expenses of organizations. The administrative costs for the project must be reasonable.
How to Apply
Applicants must carefully fulfill the attached application form. All information fields must be fulfilled. Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
The Embassy of Finland reserves the right to accept or reject project proposals. Project duration is to be limited up to approximately one year. The Embassy has a right to evaluate and audit a project at any time; the organization responsible for the project has to make all required documentation available for the evaluation/audit if asked.
Application and possible attachments have to be written in English. The budget has to be submitted in euros. Only complete applications will be considered. The Agreement with the Embassy of Finland has to be signed and stamped by an authorized representative of the organization. The accounting of the activities supported is to be ensured. No further funding can be provided to any organization until it has provided an approved accounting report regarding any previous funding.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting applications: Monday, October 15 2018 by 12:00. Project proposals after deadline will not be considered. All applicants will be informed to the email indicated in the application when a final decision is made.
Additional information will be provided by: Ms. Volha Ryzmakova, project assistant, e-mail email@example.com; or Deputy Head of the Mission Ms. Maria Agren / Ms. Anni Salmia, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +370 5 266 80 10.
Illustration: citizens by Shirley Hernández Ticona from the Noun Project