Technovation Girls 2020
Applications are open for 2020 Technovation Challenge for teams of girls from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
About the program
Technovation Girls is a free technology-based program for girls ages 10-18.
Working in teams (of 1 to 5), girls find a problem in their community and build a mobile app to help solve it. Along the way, they develop their collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Technovation Girls will take 30+ hours to complete (we recommend allocated about 12 weeks to finish) and is completely free.
The program offers a curriculum made up of separate lessons covering these themes: ideation, pitch, technical, and entrepreneurship.
- All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020.
- All students must identify as female, trans, nonbinary or gender nonconforming. Students who are assigned male at birth and self-identify as male cannot enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team.
- Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- To join the competition, a student must create or join a team on the online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
Technovation Girls is a self-select program and there is no application/selection process.