Regional association of women with large families and women-entrepreneurs of Gagauzia "Vesta"
women leadership / research / psychological and social assistance / home violence / harassment / women entrepreneurship
Moldova. Comrat, Gagauzia
Type: NGO/NPO/Social Enterprise
Established in 1998, Vesta promotes human rights, gender equality principles by empowering women living in different localities of Gagauzia and neighbor districts in the South of Moldova to combat stereotypes and gender discrimination.
Our target groups: business women, the youth of risk groups, mothers with large families, victims and potential victims of domestic violence.
NGO Vesta is the member of CSF EaP. Delegate of 2 Forums (2017 in Tallinn, 2018 in Tbilisi), Work Group 4 – Contacts between people, youth work. The grantee of EaP CSF regranting program 2019 with a project "Developing the joint advocacy plan of the EaP Forum, EaP National Platforms for the promotion of the prevention, protection, and prosecution of the gender-based violence in EaP Countries and the implementation/ ratification of the Istanbul Convention". Partners of this project – women CSOs from Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ukraine.
Aims and objectives:
- Strengthening the ability of women, children, and youth to self-esteem and self-realization, their more active involvement in the decision-making process, helping to increase the level of legal, social and civic culture and responsibility of target beneficiaries.
- Assisting families with many children, needy people.
- Providing advocacy to prevent domestic violence against women.
- Training, including tailor-made;
- Monitoring and evaluation campaigns in close collaboration with mass media;
- Workshops, webinars;
- Sociological surveys and journalist research;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Volunteer local Clubs activities;
- Legal, psychological and social support for victims and potential victims of domestic violence.